Friday, March 14, 2008

What Song Is This?

  1. Highways jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
  2. Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit.
  3. If there's a reason, its lost on me. Maybe we'll be friends. I guess we'll see.
  4. Yesterday I felt so old, I thought that I could cry.
  5. Half of what I say is meaningless. But I say it just to reach you, Julia.
  6. Some boys kiss me, some boys hug me. I think they're ok.
  7. I want to run through the halls of my classroom. I want to scream at the top of my lungs.
  8. Well the names have all changed since you hung around. But those dreams have remained, and they've turned around.
  9. God damn, you half Japanese girls. Do it to me every time.
  10. Look at what's happened to me. I can't believe it myself.
  11. Although she may be cute, she's just a substitute because you're the permanent one.
  12. If you've never stared off into the distance, then you're life is a shame.
  13. Invisible air waves crackle with life. Bright antenna bristle with the energy.
  14. Freezing, rests his head on a pillow made of concrete.
  15. She's my soft-touch typewriter and I'm the great dictator.
  16. I don't want to wonder if this is a blunder. I don't want to worry whether we're going to stay together till we die.
  17. Load up on guns, bring your friends. It's fun to lose and to pretend.
  18. You may find out that your self doubt means nothing was ever there. You can't go forcing something if its just not right.
  19. Thank God for mom and dad for sticking two together, 'cause we don't know how.
  20. I never meant to be so bad to you. One thing I swore that I would never do.

Good luck!

15 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

So this is what you're doing instead of enjoying a lovely weekend in Vermont?! Sigh.

Okay. So I'll answer all the really easy ones and then someone can pick up my slack. (Also, why no Heller Theøry?!)

2. Don't Stop Believin'
6. Material Girl
9. El Scorcho
10. The Greatest American Hero theme (!!!)
(Dork! "Believe it or not, George isn't at home...")
12. ["your life," not "you're life," dummy]
14. Even Flow
16. Love You Madly ('cept it's actually "whether we're going to stay together 'til we die")
17. Smells Like Teen Spirit
19. Hey Ya! (hee)

Boywonderesq said...

There's a typo in 12? What typo? ;-)

Everyone except Andrew is allowed to answer. That just wouldn't be fair.

DorothyMantooth said...

Gasp!!! Are you saying that The Media Dude is a secret guest blogger??!!

DorothyMantooth said...

...or was that just another dumb "twins communicate telepathically" joke?

TheMediaDude said...

I've gotten everything except 3, 11, 12 and 20. And I'm really annoyed that I don't know them!

I agree that my answer wouldn't be fair. Brian and I come from the same space (Bourdieu would call it a "habitus") so I would be in a better position to know these references.

But fuck that, here it goes:

1. Born to Run
2. Don't Stop Believing
3.
4. Just Like Heaven
5. Julia
6. Material Girl
7. No Such Thing
8. Welcome Back, Kotter
9. El Scorcho
10. theme from The Greatest American Hero
11. this is NOT the Who, right?
12. I know this!! Is it by Alanis Morrisette?
13. Spirit of the Radio
14. Evenflow
15. Two Little Hitlers
16. Love You Madly
17. Smells Like Teen Spirit
18. When I Come Around
19. Hey Yah
20.

TheMediaDude said...

One more thing: was there an overarching reason why these particular lines were chosen? Are these your favorite lines, or just the ones you were thinking of at the time?

Jen Simon said...

20 is 'heat of the moment' by asia

Boywonderesq said...

Jokes about twins communicating telepathically is not funny, Irene. There was no need to play the twin card.

Boywonderesq said...

Here's what remains:

1. (I thought this would be easy)
3. (a hard one, but you'll kick yourself when you figure it out)
11. (think!)
12.

This was fun! I'm gonna have to do this one again.

Anonymous said...

HOW are we married?! ha ha

Boywonderesq said...

Enough:

1. Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen(you know, that part after the bridge).
3. I'll Never Let You go by Third Eye Blind (yes, I went there).
11. Tracks of My Tears by Smokey Robinson (remember?!?! it's a good line)
12. Mrs. Potter's Lullaby by Counting Crows (that song is so college).

Thank you, one and all, for playing "What song is this?" Join us next time, when Brian spends an entirely too long a period of time thinking of random song lines, when he showed by writing that letter he's been putting off. Back to Dr. Mario.

DorothyMantooth said...

Next time, pick better songs, m'kay?

(And jokes about twins communicating telepathically are never not funny, B-Dub! Or was that never not lame...)

Boywonderesq said...

The songs were chosen from the ones that came to me while I was coming up with the post. If you don't like them, write your own blog. Who do you think should have been on the list that wasn't (besides Hanson)?

DorothyMantooth said...

It's not so much who was left off as who was included. Effing Third Eye Blind???!!!. Lord!

As for next time? MORE BJORK!

Anonymous said...

Maybe next time you'll give some of us a chance to play before you give away all the answers? Not cool.