Monday, March 10, 2008

Spitzer

Wow. You know? Hmmm. Where am I supposed to go with this one? Here is a guy who has everything going for him, who just got it together after a tough first year as governor, and he has to go and fuck it all up with a prostitution ring. A prostitution ring! Couldn't he have done something a little cleaner? Like sex with an intern or a heroin addiction? Only Republicans can get away with prostitutes, dummy! And how did you get a $400 credit?!?!

Spitzer was great and I'm still trying to figure this out. He was the only state attorney general who became a national player and had a real shot at becoming president. Yeah, he's Jewish, but he looks like a wasp. The one thing I remember from AP History was that the most popular job to hold before running for US President was the Governor of NY. (Nilda points out that the state with the most presidents is Ohio. Thank you, Nilda.), and Spitzer was on his way. Now I have to throw away my "Spitzer 2016" posters, just when I had the design down the way I wanted it!

The real victim in all this is his wife (not to mention his kids). Can someone tell me what the point was in having her stand next to him looking like she just got run over by a truck? That just seemed unfair, especially since she's kind of a hottie (definitely a milf). Ah, Silda...maybe you just had your price point too high. Zing!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an IDIOT! He's a multimillionaire with an incredible resume as Manahttan DA and NYS Attorney General, now governor, with the political clout and intelligence (he passed the Bar with a perfect score) to run for President and he can't keep his d!ck in his pants. I hope he doesn't think he's going to get away without resigning.
And what's up with his wife, just standing there as a prop while he barely acknowledges his numerous wrongdoings? I'm supposed to "give her credit" too for standing by her man, right? These wives have to start thinking less about their husband's political careers and start thinking about their self-respect and what they are teaching their daughters!

Anonymous said...

Actually, the state which has produced the most Presidents is Virginia.

Virginia, long nicknamed the "Mother of Presidents," was the birthplace of eight of our 42 presidents: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, Zachary Taylor, and Woodrow Wilson.

Ohio comes in second as the birthplace of seven of our 42 presidents, every one of them Republican: Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, James A. Garfield, Benjamin Harrison, William McKinley, William Howard Taft, and Warren G. Harding.

Anonymous said...

wow, this is like the 3d time this month that MSNBC gets their presidential trivia facts wrong - they should really just start googling this stuff!

Anonymous said...

my thoughts exactly about mrs. spitzer. i have made it very clear to sweetiecakes that when he gets nailed for screwing a hooker, i will NOT stand next to him while he fesses up on national tv. that's right folks -- you can hold me to that.

DorothyMantooth said...

Well, darn.

Blogger managed to eat my first (obviously, passionate but well-reasoned! heh) comment, so I'm forced to fall back on:

Puleeeeeeeeeze! Couldn'ta happened to a more sanctimonious prick! Even when he was AG, Spitzer's "Wall Street Take-Down" was the most transparently politically-motivated tripe I've ever seen! And he oh-so-clearly expected that his railroading of the banks would translate to being able to do the same in Albany.

"The Steamroller."

Dumbass.

I'm just glad this hypocrite got what was coming to him.

(As for Jennifer Aniston's Older Sister... I mean, Silda, she should take a page out of Vanessa Bryant's playbook!)

Anonymous said...

ah yes, my poopycakes knows it too. If I do decide to stand next to him, he better be ready because it's only because I'm going to want the cameras to see me beat the crap out of him.

te quiero tanto, tanto...