Sunday, March 16, 2008

Two Things

Nilda found an article about a study concluding that identical twins do not share the same DNA. While identical twins - but fraternal twins aren't really "twins," are they? - start with the same DNA, individual variations over time alter the genetic makeup of the individuals, so that adult twins are not truly identical. While this may not be a big deal for most people, this is life altering for me. It strips me of one of my best punch lines! Does this mean that I'm not technically Lilah's genetic father? What will I say to people Andrew work with who meet me for the first time? How am I supposed to explain how Andrew and I remember the same random movie quotes?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew and I watched this awhile back on Dateline or 20/20. The conclusion was that although identical twins start out with the same DNA, it mutates as the twins grow older. This is why identical twins tend to look and act less as they grow older.

Anonymous said...

...less ALIKE...

Boywonderesq said...

I was thinking the same thing!!! Wierd.

Yael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

(wait, apparently I don't know how to comment properly)

It's "weird." And why am I not surprised a brilliant partner can't spell.

I am not checking your blog anymore unless you write about The Dark Crystal.

Boywonderesq said...

Unless it has a red squiggly line underneath it, the spelling is correct.