Friday, August 29, 2008

Palin Is A Terrible Choice

  • I'm ecstatic with McCain's choice of Palin for VP. It's a blatantly desperate move. She's completely unqualified - far more than Obama - and confirms that McCain himself thinks he needs a hail mary VP pick in order to have a shot. Biden will destroy her in the debate.
  • After Obama's speech last night AND McCain's desperate choice of someone no one knows or can trust, Obama's looking like the elder statesman. High five, Nilda!
  • Sarah Palin = Harriet Meyers. Only this one they can't take it back. Like Dan Quayle.
  • It's 10:02 pm on a Friday night and I can't get enough of how bad an idea Palin is.
  • The "breaking news" on MSNBC, which will still be there when you wake up in the morning, is an ethics investigation into Palin that she was involved in the firing of a state trooper that had recently divorced her sister. This "troopergate" probably won't amount to anything, but who was the idiot who picked the candidate with ethics charges against her?
  • Now, instead of focusing on McCain himself at the convention, the Republicans will be forced to spend the whole time introducing everyone to Palin.
  • Michelle Obama has a big chin. There, I said it.
  • I've decided to buy an Obama t-shirt. Anyone familiar with my position on campaigning knows that this is a big deal for me. It'll make a great indoor shirt. Nilda's getting a shirt too, but not the same one as me. Here's the thing: there's no return policy. There is, however, a choice of forum clause and other bullshit that could only be written by defense attorneys.
  • Palin has absolutely nothing in common with Hillary voters, and certainly doesn't share their values.
  • Palin has strong connections to the oil industry. Her husband made a shit salary for an oil company and she's in favor of drilling in ANWAR. No, thank you.
  • I love when Chris Matthews says, "How will the people from Montgomery County, PA respond to this?" It's like a shout out to my high school.
  • No one from Ohio or Pennsylvania is going to give a shit about the governor from Alaska.
  • I'm feeling goooood. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

70MPH70 said...

It was a choice to win an election. Not govern a country.

It was like selecting a new member for a boy band. Or a new Spice Girl to attract a certain demographic.

Can you imagine Palin negotiating a treaty? Can you imagine Palin as Commander in Chief? It is really embarassing.

To me, it illustrates that the Republican strategists think that the American people are dumb. I hope they are wrong.

It does seem like a hail mary. And yet I feel nervous that the strategists know what they are doing. Time will tell.

Anonymous said...

All about Palin from an Alaskan:
www.ownthesidewalk.com/2008/08/palin-myths-dispelled.html

corey said...

Two Thoughts:
1 I cannot wait for the VP debates
2 If I never hear the word "vetted" again it will be to soon

corey said...

ergh, too soon.
/ocd