Thursday, August 21, 2008

Favorite Albums

This was not an easy blog for me. There have been many albums I've loved, but do they really deserve to be listed on the "Favorite Albums" post? Ben Folds had great albums with "The Unauthorized Autobiography of Reinhold Messner" and "SuperSkinnySpeedGraphic," but their inconsistency in the quality of songs makes their entry questionable. Phish's "Colorado '88" and The Who's "Live at Leeds" are incredible albums, but should I have two albums from the same artist? Blink 182's poorly-titled "Enema of the State" is an amazing album I loved in law school, but does is represent where I am today? Do albums that I've loved but have grown tired of mean as much as the ones I'm presently into? And what do you do with the Rushmore soundtrack?

Suffering with the questions, for my fans, I've come up with the following list of the Favorite Albums from the people who brought you The Most Important Blog In the Universe, in no apparent order:
  • The Who, Quadrophenia
  • The Beatles, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
  • Phish, Billy Breathes
  • Mates of State, Team Boo
  • Matt Pond PA, Several Arrows Later
  • Nirvana, Nevermind
  • The Strokes, First Impressions of Earth
  • Cake, Comfort Eagle
  • Blink-182, Enema of the State
  • Pearl Jam, Yield
  • Weezer, Pinkerton (can't believe I forgot that one!)
The Most Important Blog In the Universe officially reserves to amend and/or supplement this response should the need to do so arise, without notice.

6 comments:

Don't Be So Dramatical said...

You forgot to list the following:
- Miss Saigon
- Into the Woods
xoxo me

Boywonderesq said...

The sad part is ... you're right (although I would list just Into the Woods).

Jen Simon said...

glaring omission: born to run!!!

DorothyMantooth said...

Blink-182?!
Oh, Brian.

Boywonderesq said...

I used to make you listen to that album all the time! Yeah, its a little sophmoric and the words aren't the best, but each verse of each track is unique and independent. It's a well thought out and extremely well produced album that holds up. Surprising, but true.

DorothyMantooth said...

Disclaimer: DorothyMantooth is neither responsible for nor condones any of the events that may or may not have occurred in 3A.