Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Live Blogging Bill Clinton's Speech

  • Leave it to the Clintons to make it all about them. Still, they managed to clear up their image by fully supporting Obama. You have to give it to them, they know how to turn a crowd.
  • All the women I've spoken to in the past couple of days loved Michelle Obama's speech on Monday. Nilda loves what she's wearing tonight. Like it or not, she's the new Jackie O.
  • I went to the doctor today for a physical, the first time in years. The form asked, "How many times a week do you exercise?" My response: "One, if you're lucky."
  • The doctor said to me, "You know, walking is exercise. You don't even have to change your clothes. Just add a little here and there." I didn't know it could be that easy. KFC it is!
  • Those articles on Generation Kill are amazing. Definitely read them. Especially if you're sitting at home in North Carolina being forced to do your wife's blog for her.
  • Matt loves Bill Clinton's half thumbs. And so do I.
  • You can't understand how good the film "No Country For Old Men" is until you read the book. It's about man's unstoppable descent into violence, against his better judgment. The end doesn't make sense because the story doesn't end.
  • I watched Obama's 2004 convention speech for the first time today. It was great, and I finally understood the sudden buzz about him that followed. What surprised me was how much of that speech has been repeated and retooled for this campaign.
  • In retrospect, Obama was smart to have the Clintons speak on two separate nights. They represent a large part of where this country is and are fantastic speakers. They've got great one liners.
  • Thank you, Bill, for finally accepting that you can't call Obama inexperienced, since you were just as inexperienced when you were elected President. The Clintons were tough adversaries, but they're fantastic advocates.
  • Bill actually turned Nilda into a fan, again. Damn, he's good.

7 comments:

Don't Be So Dramatical said...

Go Clintons! Still dont like Obama.

tom mattback said...

nice shout out to the Tombacks. yay unemployment!

Anonymous said...

How do you not "live blog" the nominee's speech?

Anonymous said...

because he went on for (an amazing) 42 minutes and ended past 11pm. I'm sure he will post a blog commentary today, anonymous.

70MPH70 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
70MPH70 said...

I suck at making posts on message boards apparently. My bad on the deletion.

I loved No Country for Old Men. Thought I understood the ending. Would love to talk to you about it one of these days.

I am getting ready to watch the Clintons speak. NY TIMES has a great video link with all of the speeches and the transcripts of them running like a teleprompter.

Anonymous said...

I love that NY Times speech teleprompter thing!!