Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Wish It Was A Three Day Weekend

  • Continued the tradition of ridiculously expensive dinners with Jeremy & Irene at BLT Fish on Friday. It was interesting to go to a restaurant that focused on fish - not seafood, but fish. I wouldn't have picked it, but Frank Bruni gave it 3 stars twice, so Irene said we had to go. She (and Bruni) were right, and it was incredible. Get the dover sole.
  • Loving the Olympics, especially the opening ceremony. 2008 Chinese men banging on drums in unison is an intimidating sight. They told the drummers to smile to take the edge off. That was sweet.
  • Check out this incredible video my sister Julie sent out:

  • I will never again go to Philadelphia in flip-flops and without a pair of sneakers. What was I thinking, I work at Abercrombie?
  • The Atlantic is going to be running an article on Tuesday outlining the in-fighting in Clinton's campaign. Mark Penn suggested trying to portray Obama as somehow un-American, recommending that Clinton rely heavily on the flag and talk about "our" America.
  • This is a forward I got today. Not sure if it's real or if it's a beer commercial that was banned in the UK, but it's pretty crazy:

No comments: