Monday, August 25, 2008

Live Blogging The Democratic Convention

  • Which episode of Mad Men are we up to?
  • I've decided that the female pole vaulters have the best bodies of all the women at the Olympics. The swimmers were too bulked up; the runners too skinny; the gymnasts had no boobs; and the discus throwers had testicles. But the pole vaulters, even more than the volleyball players, were tall and toned. Congratulations, pole vaulters!
  • I saw Uncle Allan do shots this weekend. Of alcohol! Congratulations, Uncle Allan!
  • Schwartz will never, EVER, give up hope of Hillary Clinton being President. Hopefully, she can dissuade him of that during her speech tomorrow. If not, she and I are going to have a big problem.
  • I saw a two-minute clip today from a documentary called "Twelve Days In September," about the 1972 Munich Olympics. The clip was a montage of various events played against Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir." It was incredible and made me re-think my entire perception of Led Zeppelin.
  • McCain had an ad out today featuring a former Hillary supporter who's now supporting him. Hillary responded with an ad stating, "I am Hillary Clinton and I do not support that message."
  • The more I think about it, the more I hold the vote in favor of the Iraq war against us.
  • There was a great article about race and the election in a recent New York Magazine. Two points stuck out:
  • 1. The subtext of Michelle Obama's comment about being proud of her country for the first time, and maybe the reason so many got upset about it, was that it had a racial overtone. What some though she was really saying was that, for the first time in her adult life, a black man was getting a fair shot. One woman said, “When I look at Michelle, Barack doesn’t have to be any blacker for me.”
  • 2. If Obama is elected to two terms, there will be a generation of 10-year-olds who have only known a black president. Putting aside what that would mean to the African-American community, it will be much harder for any of the African-American kids to think that the government is run only by white men.
  • Nilda says Michelle Obama is "more than good."
  • Caroline Kennedy's speaking. Let's catch up on Generation Kill!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When asked why she was now supporting McCain (the extreme opposit of Hillary Clinton) - the female delegate said, "because he has stated that he will NOT overturn Roe v. Wade." Um, that's the exact opposite of what McCain has said! Talk about clueless! =(

Hey, I was NEVER for the war! I was for a strategic infiltration Navy Seal assassination plot - maybe it's the Cuban in me. ;-)

Michelle Obama's speech was touching.

OK, Jen, you can chime in whenever you want now! HA HA

Jen Simon said...

i thought it was so cute when obama's kids were saying into the mic "i love you daddy!" that's my 2 cents :)

Anonymous said...

Brian, as an employment discrimination lawyer, I think you should be careful not to publicly hate on small boobs so much.

Boywonderesq said...

Who's hating on small boobs? I LOVE small boobs! It's the being physically unable to develop as woman because of a strict exercise routine that I have a problem with.

DorothyMantooth said...

Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute!
Hold up.
"re-think my entire perception of Led Zeppelin"?!
Are you trying to say that you don't like Zep??!!
Oh, Brian. First the Blink-182 and now this?!
I don't think we can be friends anymore.