Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Band For Brian

Weeds is a surprisingly good show. Nilda says I use the word "surprisingly" too much, but I say it's better than using "shockingly" again. Anyway, it's a great show with great writing and Mary Louise Parker carries it. It also has a great soundtrack (sorry for the fourth "great," couldn't help it). We don't get Showtime and have only seen up to season 3 from netflix, so don't tell us what happens.

Here's a great song from an episode we saw tonight. The band is "Page France," who actually broke up last last year. It's one of those great songs that made me buy the album right away.



Sorry about the weird, homemade video, but I couldn't find an actual video. Here's a link to a video of them performing it live, but I think you should hear the studio version first.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it also helps that the sultry Mary Louise Parker "carries it" on her knees and her back and her... ;-)
I do enjoy that show! he he

Anonymous said...

I totally love this song. Maybe you can burn me the album for my triumphant one-day return to S&P? Seeing as how you completely wiped out my iPod once upon a time... it's probably the least you can do.

Boywonderesq said...

This song is the best on the album. It's got a lot of Jesus references on it, like a red-state band with religious overtones. But for some reason, I can handle it in context.

DorothyMantooth said...

I think you need to embrace "flabbergastingly."