Monday, July 21, 2008

I Still Prefer This Heat Wave Over The Cold

  • Prediction: Obama will pick Joe Biden as his VP before the start of the Olympics on August 8.
  • Best new joke I've heard. Knock knock. Who's there? 9/11. 9/11 who? You said you wouldn't forget.
  • At the hospital last week, Stella (Nilda's mom) asked a little girl to draw her a picture of a house since Stella said she needed to learn how to draw a house. After the girl drew a very pretty house, she said that Stella could keep the picture, "So you can learn to draw a house."
  • Who is this T. Boone Pickens guy, calling for energy innovation on commercials on MSNBC, and why is he so awesome?
  • Denise Richards' reality show is surprisingly compelling. Tack that onto the fact that I'm mysteriously drawn to Jon & Kate +8, and I need some serious help.
  • WWADD: I couldn't figure out why the bodega didn't sell Presidente beer. Then I remembered that it's a Dominican bodega, which means they have a freezer near the front full of single bottles of Presidente and Corona. When looking for Presidente, think: "What would a Dominican do?"
  • I finally organized all of my music files onto the laptop's itunes. Do not underestimate how satisfying organizing music on a computer can be.
  • There are tons of new on demand channels in the 1000s on Time Warner Cable. Why was I not informed of this sooner?!?!
  • Nilda and I have started watching Mad Men on said on demand channels. If you ever want to be reminded why employment law exists, check out this show.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denise Richards, "surprisingly" compelling, yeah, they're called implants. Surprise! ha ha

WWADD. Too funny!!!!!!

Mary said...

Did you watch J&K+8 last night? Wow, she can be really mean. She scares ME.

Anonymous said...

Mary, we haven't seen it, but we dvr'd it and I have been informed that I cannot watch the new J&K+8 without him! LOL

Anonymous said...

Mary, mean is not exactly the word we would have used to describe her, as I like to say, "she's a piece of work." LOL

DorothyMantooth said...

Mad Men is great! A friend who works at Lionsgate gave me the DVDs and so I've been rewatching the Season One eps with the commentary tracks.
And you guys? January Jones is incredibly, flabbergastingly stupid.