Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Do You Like Crytal Gel?

I've been cracking up at Yael's post about Jim Gaffigan’s Hot Pockets routine ("They come in ice cold or lava hot."). Here's the thing: I don't like stand up. Haven't since I was a kid watching Turkey TV. Someone standing up and trying to "be funny" makes me as uncomfortable as I felt when the "special guest" in kindergarten or on Sesame Street would sing and play guitar to the class...making EYE CONTACT. It's just weird. (Surprisingly, musicians and comedians, though both performing in front of an audience, don't get along. Andrew and I proudly mocked the comedians who were stupid enough to try to perform at Sidewalk.)

Yet, for some reason, stand up works incredibly well on the internet. Whether it's the short videos, the close ups, or the fact that I'm at work, stand up works on youtube. Check this one out:



She's now on MadTV. It's good that she's making a living doing comedy, but you know that same skit isn't nearly half as good as the stand-up routine.

1 comment:

TheMediaDude said...

Funny, I saw this girl on YouTube a while back. She gets around. I also did the research on her. She's a bit player on Mad TV, right? Being cute really helps a career. I also love how th background researching is so easy that everyone can be an armchair expert on any thing or person they want.