Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wallpaperin'

Tonight, Matt came over after work and helped us wall paper the "accent wall" in the bedroom. "Helping" isn't really an appropriate description. It was more like Moses leading the Hebrews out of Egypt, or Anne Sullivan teaching Helen Keller how to say water in The Miracle Worker.

I had a very important job. When it was time to put up a new panel, I put the glue on the wall, and when I needed another beer, I got one for myself. I also served as official project historian and photographer. Yes, I was most essential to the operation.

Here's the state of the bathroom now. It's even worse than before.

Notice how there's a drain plug where the toilet used to be. This means Matt and Brian were "hittin' the drain" as needed. Nilda, not so much. This is me picking what of Matt's stuff I wanted to take while he was working. Thanks for helping, buddy.


This is Matt's plumber's crack.


This is Nilda's.

I have to say, Matt and Nilda did an amazing job, and the wallpaper looks fantastic. And you know that if I like it, Nilda's going absolutely crazy over it.

This post is dedicated to Matt, who helped us out when he knew we'd really need him. Matt, any time you need help around the house, just let me know and I'll be there to drink beer and supervise.

4 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

Awwww! UPDATES! Yaaays!

And BLESS YOU GUYS for not asking us to help. I'm confident it would have ended up MUCH less pretty! ;-)

Boywonderesq said...

Don't speak too quickly, Irene, we're saving you guys for when its time to move. We're really going to need your help, because I can't be there that day. I have plans.

your wife said...

that wallpaper looked even better in the light of day today! happy, happy!

DorothyMantooth said...

Your ass is hiring movers, BDub.