Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It Begins

  • We finally got the go ahead today from the coop board to renovate the bathroom. That's important because it's the one thing keeping us from moving. Yesterday, Nilda told me that the guy from the management company was rude. Today, he's not so bad.
  • Nilda wants to move by the end of May. This means not only packing up everything we own to move within two weeks, but making sure the bathroom is completed within a little over two weeks. Good luck with that, Nilda.
  • My dream of not having to paint has been shattered. Apparently, people want a ridiculous amount to paint three walls of a bedroom and wallpaper the fourth. I blame the pink paint. No, Nilda, it's not "lavender," it's pink! And yes, I lost this one.
  • We've got rid of the old appliances and fixtures by donating them to B.I.G. ("Build It Green"). This is an amazing company. They come to your apartment and take away all the stuff you don't want. For free!!
  • Here's a picture of the new curtains Nilda got for the bedroom at a ridiculously low price at some kind of a design show. I am advised that they are "goooooorgeous!" and directed to look at the "greek key trim," whatever the hell that is.
  • I knew I was in trouble when Nilda told me on the phone to stop by Best Buy on my way home and "go ahead and get that video game" I had been talking about, since "I had a hard week." And Stella was over, so you know that whatever she bought was soooo gooorgeous that her mom had to come look at it, and that's never a good sign.
  • I was made to play Guitar Hero.
  • Here's the new fridge so far. It's not much, but it's a start. Operation Fill It With Beer is not yet a success, but it's a start. Hopefully, it will at least get us through painting this weekend.

3 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

I would just like the world to know that your bedroom is actually MORE feminine than the one in the picture.

Don't Be So Dramatical said...

You are a very gay man

tom mattback said...

As long as the Planet of the Apes poster from 3A is on the wall, no one will even notice the pink curtains.