Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New Rule: No Pink

  • I'm not kidding, Nilda, no pink in the new apartment. We had a scare there with the paint in the bedroom, but the "no pink" rule is now in effect and will be strictly enforced.
  • Today's first warning sign was an email Nilda sent me today with the subject line, "Honey, I think these would make great accent chairs," with a link to "Sheadon Metallic Hot Pink Accent Chairs." That's right, Nilda had the balls to put "Hot Pink" right in the email.
  • Nilda tells me that pink will go perfectly with the blue sofa and the purple bedroom. That is the exact reason that we cannot have pink. Blue and purple are borderline as it is. Throw in anything pink - even a pink pillow - and you might as well have Barbie's dream apartment.
  • No, Nilda, pink is not "as valid a color as green and blue and yellow." Her tactical response is to then throw the question back at me, asking, incredulously, "Then what do YOU see in the foyer?," hoping that I'll get so frustrated that I'll give up. What I really see is: "Not pink."
  • Nilda just said that I shouldn't write this blog because, when we do get pink in the apartment, either Matt and/or my brother will call me a pussy. Challenge accepted, Nilda. No pink!

6 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

Oh, honey. You already have Barbie's Dream Bedroom.

Might I possibly suggest something like this?

DorothyMantooth said...

Or if, you know, we're going with, like, dream furniture...
There's THIS!

the wife said...

Dorothy and I could not have more divergent tastes in furniture! ha ha ha "It's a Barbie world..."

the wife said...

and for the record, the new sofa is quite masculine, Brian's just hoping to keep the rest of the room that way.

Mary said...

Let me just say this: when my husband saw my aunt and uncle (who aren't too much older than we are) painted their bedroom purple, Matt had commented that my aunt was carrying her husband's balls around in her purple macrame purse (she's kind of a hippy -- hence the macrame reference). So I think it's a foregone conclusion that MY matt (and others, I'm sure) already think you're a pussy.

But this debate reminds me of the ongoing Eiffel Tower battle raging in the Tomback house from 2001-present. There's only 1 left. Sigh. I admit defeat.

DorothyMantooth said...

Mary, you know the Eiffel tower thing just threatens Mattback's masculinity! Hah.