Sunday, June 22, 2008

We Went Outside This Weekend!

We did! For about five hours on Saturday, and it was everything I thought it would be. Here's a recap of our weekend:
  • We saw The Diving Bell & The Butterfly, a true story about a french editor of Elle who, after suffering a stroke in 1995, was diagnosed with "locked in" syndrome, where the only thing he could move were his eyelids. The movie is about how he wrote his autobiography by blinking to a nurse. I just ordered it on Amazon. It fucked me up for the whole weekend.
  • Nilda and I sat in the park for a few hours on Saturday watching other people open at least 5 bottles of prosecco. Good idea, universe.
  • I convinced the Mr. Softee truck to make me a float, but to blend it like a milkshake. I. Am. Brilliant.
  • Nilda got a milkshake. I drink your milkshake, Nilda.
  • In preparation for Sunday, Nilda and I then went to PJ Liquor Warehouse, the absolute best wine & liquor shop you will ever go to. The woman giving samples of Absolut, after looking at our cart, asked if we were having a party. We said no, just stocking up the house. She responded, "I like how you roll."
  • We got St. Germain, a french liqueur which tastes like lychee, and Patron XO, a tequila liqueur that goes great in coffee (like Baileys).
  • St. Germain + Tanqueray 10 + tonic = awesome.
  • David Brooks, who's usually hit or miss, had a fantastic article about how Obama, for all his talk about "new politics," is a shrewd and talented politician. One talking head on Sunday morning said that liberals love that split personality. We do.
  • The plan was to take a bottle of Proseco to the park on Sunday, but the rain kept us in.
  • St. Germain + Brugal rum + fresh mint + seltzer = perfect Sunday afternoon.
  • Too much perfect Sunday afternoon leads to nap.
  • I met my goal of writing a blog post this weekend! Hooray!

1 comment:

DorothyMantooth said...

St. Germain is, indeed, fantastic. And also yummy in champagne!

Also, we missed you guys this weekend.
Boooooo!