Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Trip To Central Islip

I was rudely dragged to the Eastern District in Central Islip for a hearing on a temporary restraining order today, at the courthouse in Suffolk County. This courthouse is ridiculously gorgeous. Driving up, it's a giant white building against an empty sky. You can see the ocean from the upper floors. It looks like something between a movie theater and a space ship.

The train ride back reminded me why I don't like Long Island. All you can see are strip malls and parking spaces against a depressingly flat background. Buildings are close together, but not close enough to make it urban. It's "white ethnic," but too close to NYC to make it hick country.

We won the motion. This means that someone has to go back there next week for the more substantial hearing for a preliminary injunction. Too bad it won't be me because my bitch-ass is gonna be in the Caribbean. Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're bound to have some LI loving/hating comments fly soon. let me be the first: we are never moving to LI!

DorothyMantooth said...

Hurray for winning the motion!
Also, that courthouse is decidedly FUGLY! Ya gotta separate it from the suburbia that surrounds, Bri. The place is fug!

Also, I'm SOOO with Nil on the never moving to LI tip.