Thursday, April 17, 2008

Brian's Trip to the Dentist

I haven't had a cavity in 20 years. Apparently, my upper left-hand molar didn't get the memo. Putting aside the fact that I never thought I'd live to use the "20 years" phrase, I was surprised at how alarmed I was to learn about this cavity. Specifically, it was a tooth fracture with an accompanying cavity. Never underestimate how shocking the word "fracture" can be. Filled with a mix of childhood fear of the dentist and adult fear of getting old, I went through drilling, smoke from my teeth and a very large needle.

Needless to say, it's time for Act. (Is anyone other than Andrew going to get that?)

5 comments:

Don't Be So Dramatical said...

Can we please have a no discussing oral care rule on your blog? Thanks! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Omg, I remember Act.

DorothyMantooth said...

Dentists still totes tell you to use Act.
Totes.

Boywonderesq said...

New rule: the use of the word "totes" is strictly forbidden. Violaters will be severely punished.

DorothyMantooth said...

I would have taken you seriously if you had said "verboten."