Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Live Blogging Babysitting

  • I am really starting to regret volunteering to change a poopy diaper. I'm in luck so far.
  • My response to Andrew's text asking how things are: "We're still looking for Lilah, but she's got to be around here somewhere."
  • Lilah cries when she can't have the things she wants, just like her daddy!
  • Lilah's most effective form of communication is a vigorous shake of the head "no." There is no similar communication for "yes."
  • Harley's catalog of menus, organized by cuisine and bearing the more-than-slightly-gay name "Menuliscious," is surprisingly convenient.
  • If I'm not going to hold Lilah while standing, then she's going to teach me a lesson and fall lifeless to the floor.
  • All right, 16-month-old, you win this round.
  • Lilah likes to double fist her graham crackers.
  • Next time I babysit, I demand that beer be provided. And chocolate.
  • I think she's finally figured out that I'm not daddy. Dammit.
  • It's 10:00, Lilah. Do you know where your parents are?
  • I admit it. I can't babysit without Nilda.

5 comments:

TheMediaDude said...

I guess you didn't notice the chocolate chip cookies in the "treats" drawer. They were made last night for you. This doesn't mean that I was trying to fatten you up so I'm not the fat twin, but that's exactly what I was trying to do.

Don't Be So Dramatical said...

Shout out to "Menuliscious'! I will make you one, if you are lucky!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Andrew, I had some of the wonderful chocolate chip cookies you made. They were delicious! I didn't give Brian any because I have an image to maintain. LOL

Mary said...

Wow, I wish we still lived in NYC so that Uncle Brian could babysit Noah & Luke-a-doo. Lilah sure is lucky!

Boywonderesq said...

Aunt Nilda babysat. Uncle Brian worked on his blog.