Friday, February 8, 2008

The Thing About Hillary

After a long and lively discussion today with Schwartz, I think I finally understand the die hard motivation behind the devotion to Hillary (he's a huge fan): she represents the best of her generation, even more so than Bill. She's the smartest, strongest and most dynamic leader they have ever had, and is the first real feminist with a shot at the White House. They cannot understand, and feel threatened by, the support for Obama, who they perceive as weak, since he was not forged from the turmoil of the 60's. He represents the first real challenge from the next generation, and they fear losing their shot at glory.

Did you notice the new counter on the blog (shout out to Irene!)? Now I can see when Nilda, Andrew, Irene AND Harley log on.

9 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

YAY shoutout!!
Ain't technology grand?

Anonymous said...

I knew I liked the OM for a good reason!!

Anonymous said...

and for an 84 year old, there aren't too many chances left to vote for a female presidential candidate...
thankfully, at 29, I look forward to voting for the right female presidential candidate in the future - there are dozens of incredibly brilliant & genuine female leaders to keep an eye out for.

TheMediaDude said...

HAHAH!! Good one, Nilda!

Boywonderesq said...

I don't get it.

Anonymous said...

dude, don't mock, it's NOT cool.

As of the lastest changes in 2007, there were 8 governors, 67 House members and 14 senators (ALL female) who have the potential to throw their hats into the ring for president. Included are working mothers, first female governors, youngest female senator of the US, etc. Not to mention that we have the first black female Secy of State.
I reiterate, I'm not worried about voting for just any woman for president, I'll wait for a woman with the character I can admire and who makes me proud to cast my vote for her.

So, are you laughing at me or just the thought of a woman president?
:)~

TheMediaDude said...

I was laughing at the idea of a woman president. It's not how I really feel, just a joke that went terribly wrong.

Anonymous said...

"just a joke that went terribly wrong..." I am laughing so hard at that part right now...

Anonymous said...

Correction: in 2008, there are 16 Senators and 74 House members. Just in case, some of those sentaors/house members are reading this blog. LOL