Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Dream I Had Last Night

So I'm at some kind of football field turned into a demolition derby, with lawyers driving relatively fancy cars getting ready to bang into each other. Then I'm called into a mansion off to the side over a hill by Schwartz telling me that Judge Diamond is calling me on the telephone. So I walk through a few rooms to the study and pick up the phone, but its not Judge Diamond at all, but my Aunt Lois calling to tell me that she just won $20 million in the lottery, which I find very exciting. Then family members - I can't tell which ones, but it includes my parents and cousin Bill - pull into the driveway in a car and I go out to meet them. My parents don't know that Aunt Lois won the lottery, but Bill does because she was with him when she found out and I tell him that she told me and we talked about how exciting it was. Then I notice that there's a football game on the field now, where the lawyer demolition derby just was, and we're at one of the corners of the football field, with tall trees lining the boundaries of the field. One of the teams has an "M" on its jersey (I think I knew at the time what that meant, but have since forgotten) and runs an amazing play with a long pass and great run that results in a touchdown. As I turn to Bill to talk about it, Nilda wakes me up.

Thoughts?

10 comments:

TheMediaDude said...

I think it means your gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

DorothyMantooth said...

Hey, Andrew! Know how I know you're gay? You still make Seinfeld references from 1999.

(Kidding! Love you!)

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately the media dude beat me to the gay comment but rest assured, I had a zinger.

Boywonderesq said...

No more comments about your dad's sexuality. Ok, Matt?

Anonymous said...

While I appreciate the new rule limiting discussion about the sexuality of our parents, that weren't me.

Really, I know it's hard to believe, but it weren't me. I would have put in the zinger anyway.

Oh, and Brian, know how I know you're gay? You have an unusual obsession with my dad. And you like dudes.

DorothyMantooth said...

Bravo, Matt! That comment could only have been made better if you had changed the last sentence to "And you like having sex with dudes."

And really, Brian, the whole reason I never commented on this to begin with is that you were just inviting lame gay jokes with this post! In the style of GOB, I say, "COME on!"

Anonymous said...

Um, I believe the boy wonder was referring to "work Matt" rather than "clever name Matt," but I could be wrong. Either way, "work Matt" and the boy wonder have an unusual work relationship... :-o

Boywonderesq said...

Thanks for the clarification, Nilda. It was to work Matt's gay dad about which I was referring. And Noah looks like Matt Tomback's dad.

How does a dream about my Aunt Lois winning the lottery lend itself to gay jokes, exactly?

DorothyMantooth said...

It's not the actual content of the dream that cries out for our doubting the relative heaviness of your loafers, Brian.

It's the fact that you've asked us all about dream interpretation! That's g-g-g-g-g-gay.

Anonymous said...

please quit saying noah looks like matt's dad.