Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My New Workout Routine

In preparation for our cruise in two months, here is my plan on how to get in shape:
  • Taking the stairs up, assuming of course that Nilda is not with me.
  • Guitar Hero.
  • Buying diet tonic for my nightly gin & tonic. But only when they have diet tonic, which they never do.
  • Getting a salad for lunch. Unless, of course, I go downstairs and it's cold out, making me want something warm. Or fried.
  • Eating more. I read somewhere that you need to keep your metabolism up, so I feel fully justified in having the 5 pound bag of "nuts and chocolate" trail mix at my desk.
  • Granola.
  • Going back to pilates, which was my Hannuka gift from Mom. Or as I call it, the worst Hannuka gift ever.
  • Keeping my gym bag at work, so that if I ever get out of work an hour and a half before I usually do, I'm right there.
  • Cutting down on pudding.
  • Making repeated and firm committments to work out, and this time, follow through is NOT optional.
On a programming note, Nilda just got me "The Commission" for Valentine's Day, which is a book about the 9/11 commission. Be prepared for the return of the 9/11 obsession.

5 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

Nice!
Here's my routine:
Repeating to myself, "I have really got to get in shape."
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Anonymous said...

Irene, you crack me up.

And Noah and I made blueberry almond cookies today. I memorized the recipe as I saw Giada DeLaurentis (and no, I did not look up how to spell that)make it during my run yesterday on the treadmill at the Y. So, I ran 5 miles and then came home to make 4 dozen cookies, more than a dozen of which Mr. Pookie T. Bear and I have already eaten. How's that for a workout routine?

Anonymous said...

I was that anonymous. Stupid pinkie finger hitting enter.

Anonymous said...

Mary, I think the "Noah and I" gave you away. ha ha
5 miles? I can't run 5 miles anywhere!

DorothyMantooth said...

Damn! Running 5 miles IS super-impressive, Mary!

I have recently purchased a heart-rate monitor, to fulfill all my grandiose getting-in-shape needs. So far, I have used it to learn that that last episode of the Celebrity Apprentice really was the most exciting one yet!!

(Also, those cookies sound AWESOME!)