Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fuck You, Snow

Another snow storm, and I still have to go to work. I create the illusion that the snow slows me down, but the truth is that my sidewalks are always plowed and my underground subway line runs like any other day - except that there are less people, which means that the subway is actually better than normal during a snow storm.

The best purchase of the season has been putting the car in a garage. Every time I hear even a faint whisper of the possibility of snow, I am grateful that the enclosed garage will save me from having to dig the car out of the snow or force me to find parking among the snow dunes. Still, the garage is at best a close second to best purchase of the year. That honor remains with the touch sensor for the lamp, because it's just too much work for us to reach up and turn off the light.

P.S. - Check out this blog of kids posing with animals they killed while hunting. I've never had a problem with hunting before, but seeing a 12-year-old with a big grin proudly holding a freshly-killed deer by the antlers is freaky.

No comments: