Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back To Vermont

Last weekend was our ski trip to Vermont and it was great. We drove up on Saturday morning and went to Stratton Mountain.

Since I'm such an expert skier after my one trip last month, I left Nilda with the other 4-year-olds in the learn to ski group and went higher up the mountain. Check out GI Joe Nilda - Ski Patrol.

After a while, I started getting the hang of it. Other than one "How the fuck can they call this a green??" moment, I did just fine. Did you know they have beer on top of these mountains? How awesome is that?

We asked one guy to use my phone to take a picture of us together on the mountain. As you can tell, he did a great job.


I liked skiing so much that I went again on Sunday. Nilda had had enough after about 2 hours on Saturday. Instead, she had to suffer through a facial at the spa at Mt. Snow.

We went to the bed & breakfast and relaxed by the fireplace. It was a gas fireplace, though, which really makes it a big candle. Only wood can make a real fire.

This hallway was freaky. Every time I turned a corner on my big wheel, I was terrified I'd see those two twin girls again.

We especially liked the wallpaper, though. The snozzberries tasted like snozzberries!

I told Nilda that I want to open a ski slope that's all expert black diamond that dares people to ski, and posts videos of injuries. We'll call it Mount Doom. Nilda says, "What are you opening? A resort with no insurance?"

I'm still surprised how much I liked skiing. I'm looking forward to going again this season. Then I, like Uncle Traveling Matt from Fraggle Rock, may carry the honor of the white leg.


No comments: