Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Your Dad Asks Questions About The Internet

Not my dad, of course. Ever since he finally accepted that high speed internet was a good thing, he's come around. But I can think of one person in my life who has not quite grasped the concepts of the internets...


On a related note, I want all of the interns to stop making fun of my aol account. Over the past 6 months, I've enjoyed such wonderful commentary as, "Who still uses aol?," "Oh my god, is that aim?!?!?" and "Not only is his email address 'boywonderesq,' but it's aol, too!" Really, there's nothing wrong with aol. It's not like yahoo or hotmail are such wonderful service providers. And gmail just finally got rid of its beta status, so is it really that much better? I think not.

3 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

Gmail really is so much better, but it's totally not worth starting over & having to rebuild your relationships with the invaluable friends who inform you about all the international lotteries you've won, make sure that Nigerian royal knows how to access your bank account & provide your ED medication.

fire code violation said...

This sort of begs the question: why on EARTH would you share your email address with interns??

Boywonderesq said...

It wasn't an intern, it was the receptionist. Thanks, fire code!