Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back From Miami

  • Delta is horrible. We got to the airport and went to check in. After waiting in line, because you have to wait in line at Delta, we were told that we were 4 minutes late (seriously!) and could not check our bags. The flight was supposed to leave at 6:30 and it was 5:34 pm. This is after we already paid $15 just to check one bag. We are never flying Delta again.
  • Once we got on the plane, we had to wait on the runway for 2 hours.
  • A shitload of Rum & Cokes on the plane = happy Brian & Nilda.
  • Miami is amazing to look at. I never thought I would say this or know what it means, but I love art deco architecture.
  • Cuban coffee = fucking awesome.
  • No one in Miami will speak Spanish to me. I speak Spanish to them, they answer me in English. I keep speaking Spanish to them, they keep eh-speaking English to me. I can't win.
  • I love the beach.
  • We stayed at Nilda's family's condo by the beach. I love it there, but I can't see how people live there year round, in that vacation limbo.
  • I was floating in the ocean thinking how nice it would be to have a place near the beach. Then I remembered that we were staying there, dumbass.
  • We had one of the best expensive dinners we ever had at the Palme D'Or at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Cables. It was absolutely incredible. I kept thinking how Irene would love it.
  • Having a car is nice, but having to drive everywhere sucks. It severely impacts your permitted alcohol consumption.
  • We were bumped to first class on the way home. The flight attendant said it was because we didn't bother her during boarding. Lesson learned.
  • There were a lot of kids on the flight. I realized that Andrew and I, as kids, must have been the worst passengers ever.
  • At 10:00 am on Monday morning, I was thinking about how in 24 hours, I'd be at work. Tuesday morning at 10:00 am sucked.
  • We have to go back this winter, Nilda.

1 comment:

DorothyMantooth said...

Oh, I WOULD love it! I would!!

Also, I was literally JUST thinking this morning about how long it's been since we've all been out to dinner together. And that I miss it TERRIBLY!