Monday, August 10, 2009

The End Of The Renovations

We thought this day would never come, but here we are. We can cook, shower, AND go to the bathroom, so it seems we may have finally reached the end of renovating the apartment. Thank the lord and praise his name. Here's a look back on how far we've come. Nilda, if you post any comments about how how we have more to do, I swear to God I burning your Twilight dvd. And I am not kidding this time!

The bathroom before...

...and after.

The kitchen, "in all its 1940's glory..."

...and with enough counter space to take a nap.


The living room that is bigger than my old studio...

...now featuring everyone's favorite light fixtures. Please ignore the table. I am advised that it shall be replaced forthwith.


The bedroom before...


...and after Barney exploded, although I do have to admit that I like it. Yes, Nilda, I know it's not pink, but only because Dad confirmed your claims.


The foyer...


..and after we ripped out the poor kitchen door who didn't hurt anyone and just wanted to be loved. Check it out, we got our ketubah framed! It only took a little over two years, but at least we're the first of the Heller kids to get ours framed. Go team!

The second bedroom doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up.

This room is like the Andrew of the apartment. No one really cares about it.

So there we are. I'm looking forward to putting the renovations and move behind us and getting back to wasting time on netflix and xbox. I'll even be able to stop focusing the blog on the apartment. Back to the Dark Crystal v. Dune, a topic that everyone can enjoy.

7 comments:

your wife, isn't she wonderful? said...

(using sarcastic tone)
Darling, renovations started May 21st and ended July 30th, 10 weeks to the day! 4 of those, I schlepped back & forth almost daily, put in countless boring hours of waiting for deliveries, and met our designer downtown for meetings. the last 6 weeks, having already moved in, I inhaled, swept and mopped dust & debris daily; scoured the internets for decor ideas and furniture; painted, plastered, hammered, screwed, ordered, made appts., confirmed appts., arranged & rearranged, all the while not having a working fucking coffemaker (or water or electricity in the kitchen) so that I had to go out for coffee daily to wake myself up for yet another day of renovation hell while you got to "go to work" and escape it all. So darling, in answer to your comment, I'M DONE, no more renovating. But, honey, please continue to go to work, because now is when MY fun starts, now I just get to spend your hard earned money on "pretty things!" LOL :)~ Te quiero tanto, tanto!

Mary said...

The place looks gorgeous! congratulations!

DorothyMantooth said...

Nice recap, BDub! And the place really does look just beautiful!
I can only imagine the testosterone rush Nil feels every day upon waking up in that bedroom! ;-)

the wife said...

Thanks, Irene, I couldn't have done it without our designer. And hey, purple is a gender-neutral color! LOL

DorothyMantooth said...

Hey Nil, as far as I'm concerned, YOU're the only designer that counts 'round these parts.
And you did an AMAZING job!!

(But I still reserve the right to make fun of Brian for the "gender-neutral" bedroom!) ;-)

TheMediaDude said...

Looks awesome! But it doesn't look like all that much work. Should have taken only a week. Especially that backsplash, I can knock that out in a day. I paint in my sleep. Need a sink installed? Go look, it's already done. You can hire me by calling 1-800-NOT-HANDY.

TheMediaDude said...

Oh yeah, and Brian is TOTALLY lucky to get to escape at work. After a stressful night at home, nothing relaxes me more than a stressful day at work.