Sunday, August 2, 2009

Nilda Broke The Oven

We finally got to a point where we could pay attention to the new oven. So far, its greatest attribute was that the light fades on and off and, trust me, it's that cool. We watched the video with the "perfect turkey" feature and convection options and I was all set to use it for the weekend. Then Nilda, unable to hold off playing any longer, hit the "lock" button and was rewarded with lots and lots of beeping. Now, we can't open the oven and we need a service call to replace the locking mechanism. Awesome! At least there was no turkey being held hostage inside.

Luckily, we have a microwave that has a "convection oven" feature. I have no idea how this works, but I think it means that instead of microwaving whatever is inside, it simulates an oven by heating the air circulating inside. Whatever it does, it's cooking my meatloaf. Wow, this is the most exciting blog ever!!!

P.S. - Best result of a google search ever: "Can marijuana smell like mint or was I ripped off?" Really? There's no other test besides smell that you can think of?

3 comments:

Mary said...

electrolux oven? we, too, can cook the "perfect turkey." awesome.

the wife said...

I'll share my perfect turkey experience once the "control lock mechanism malfunction" is fixed. ugh.

p.s. obviously, Kelly Ripa is doing a pretty good job selling appliances! ;-)

Mary said...

nah. we just got ours for crazy cheap at the scratch & dent store near us. one little dent in the back bottom corner, and we got it for almost 50% off. nice.