Sunday, April 22, 2012

Oh Look, Pictures Of Your Kid. How Novel.

We had a bunch of firsts this weekend.  Charlie had his first "solid" food this weekend.  I wanted to try pizza, but Nilda was all boring and we gave him brown rice cereal.  Lame.  We'll save the nachos for next weekend.  As you can see from this video, Charlie was not a fan.

He liked it better when we added applesauce, but he's still figuring out what this food thing is (he keeps pushing it out of his mouth).  We're feeding him "solid" food once a day at lunch, but Nilda fed him twice on Saturday because all she wants to do is play with her new toy.  I narrowed down the multitude of pictures I took down to two and told Nilda to choose one to go on the blog.  She chose both.

Notice the bib that says, "I'd Rather Eat At Daniel," which we got FOR FREE when we went to Daniel for my birthday in November, when Nilda was uber-pregnant.  Here is Charlie featuring what is perhaps the most expensive bib in Inwood. 
We went to brunch on Saturday with Abuela and Charlie did not take advantage of the buffet.  He did, however, show off his new sunglasses to the ladies.  We put them on him for the first time and he was looking around like he had no clue what just happened. 

Notice the Sophie giraffe, which is the greatest invention of all time.  It's a rubber squeak toy that's made to be chewed on and has a bunch of little legs for little hands to grab.  They actually market it for having "the singular scent of natural rubber," like that's something every baby has desperately been asking for.  Charlie likes to lick its face.  We then went to the park where Charlie was sporting the Phish onesie I got him right after we learned Nilda was pregnant.  It's crazy to see the person that's actually wearing it.  A four-month-old is considered a person, right?
Charlie also attended his first kid's birthday party this weekend.  Happy 2-year-old birthday, Madelynn! A year ago I was at her first birthday party questioning whether I really did want to have kids, now here I am at her second birthday party with a pootster.  It was a kite flying party and Charlie had a great time, which we know because he didn't cry the whole time. We tried to take a picture of all the kids and it went as well as you would imagine.  Wheeere's Charlie???
Behind any kid's birthday party in the park is a field littered with strollers.  Oh, the humanity.   
We finally put up a mobile on Charlie's crib and he luuuved it.  These are Charlie's new friends.  Look at these fat little legs.

I've been taking a lot more videos of Charlie, since he's been doing more interesting stuff.  Here's one of him laughing when I do the "your feet hit me in the face" routine.  He loves it.  I have other videos but they make me look like such an idiot that I'll never post them.  I really have to stop making this a blog about pictures of my kid.  That's what facebook is for.

Here is a picture of how terrifying the images on the video monitor can be.  The sound coming from this picture was "I sees you..."


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy, happy Monday with super cute doses of Charlie! YAY!!

The Handsome Twin said...

He's so f*cking cute.

DorothyMantooth said...

That is one SWAGtastic high chair.