Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Went To Another Phish Show

It's time again for Andrew & Brian's Biannual Phish Show. Trey seemed a little hesitant in the first half and was turning every song into Chalkdust, but Page and Mike were on fire and the second set was the best Phish show I've ever seen. It was great, though stopping at the Roy Rodgers on the turnpike on the way home was, surprisingly, not a good idea. We are way too old to go to the second night, though. It's a school night.

I finally get Twitter. I only joined to follow Team Coco ("Green tea is so much better when it's black coffee." "Does anyone know how to get chocolate milk out of an ipad?"). But now I follow a few Phish accounts so I'm up to day on what's happening on the tour by the minute, because Nilda needs to know. One thing I've learned is that some people take Phish way too seriously. But now I can't stop thinking in Phish parlance. "How'd your deposition go?" "The first set was a little choppy, but the second set was smoking."

National Geographic has these photos of these idiots rock climbing in Yosemite and they are freaking me the fuck out. Who wants to stand on an 18-inch ledge 1,800 feet in the air without a rope? Don't these people have parents?

You may have seen this before, but check out this video of moron Dan Osman speed climbing. He first climbs the rock slowly, mapping out a path, then does it again at super fast speed, without a rope or any safety harness. My favorite comment to the video is, "I'm surprised he's not slowed down by his giant balls." He died in 1998 at the age of 35, after a rope broke during a "controlled free fall," whatever the hell that is. At least we have the youtube video to show our kids what they are never allowed to do.

Speaking of kids, I got this onesie at the Phish show for the one Nilda and I are expecting. We we we so excited.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, your first blog post reference to the baby!! Makes me so happy!

DorothyMantooth said...

What does it say about me that my immediate reaction upon reading "Team Coco" was, "Oh, Ice T's wife!"

Also, baby references make me happy, toooooo!!