Sunday, May 22, 2011

Thank You, Pernil

Oh my god. Food. Food amazing. So good. How has it been allowed that I was denied pernil for so many years of my life? Oregano + salt + pork shoulder = you're welcome. It's Puerto Rican corned beef, and it cannot be beat. And it comes with crispy skin, so it's even better. Even Mark Bittman knows that every good Jewish boy needs a pernil. I now have to start making a pernil at least once a month. Ah, the benefits of marrying a Hispanic.

Speaking of fantastic, check out this parallel parking job. A few weeks ago, Nilda told me that the key is to make an "s" with the car. I have no idea what that means, but I somehow figured out parallel parking as a result.

P.S. - We have 12 interns starting tomorrow. God help us all.

1 comment:

DorothyMantooth said...

We definitely have to do this so you can tell me how the pernil compares!