Saturday, October 17, 2009

You Haven't Blogged In A While

  • Oh really, Nilda? Thanks for letting me know.
  • This is a week late, but Obama deserved to win the Nobel peace prize. No other figure in recent history has done such a powerful job of changing the tone of the world in such a short period of time. Because of him, it's now popular for world leaders to talk in open dialogues, which is a remarkable achievement.
  • Lisa Loeb's "Stay" came on my itunes today. It's a cheesy and dated song, but it'd be a hit if it came out today. Yeah, I said it.
  • There's a scene in Woody Allen's "Annie Hall" where the two main characters are people watching and say that one pedestrian won the "Truman Capote look-alike contest." That pedestrian was actually Truman Capote in a cameo appearance.
  • I put Annie Hall on my iphone and watched it on the train. You should really watch it if you haven't seen it. Even if you don't like Woody Allen, it's an amazing movie and you can understand why it beat Star Wars for the best picture oscar.
  • I am addicted to the Phase 10 application I got for the iphone. Admitting I have a problem is the first step.
  • Nilda and I are experimenting with our oven's "perfect turkey" feature. It's an exciting night in the Heller house. That's right, Nilda, you're a Heller now.
  • Michael Vick isn't working out with the Eagles. They don't really need him and nobody seems to be fooled by the wildcat. But signing him was still a brilliant move. They got him really cheap and after a one year PR fix-up, they can trade him for a lot more, probably with draft picks. That's right, Andy Reid's gonna flip Michael Vick like a house on TLC.
  • Phish is playing another Halloween show this year, where they dress up like another band and play an album. Previous Halloween shows have included the Beatles' White Album and the Talking Heads' Remain in Light. They've listed a whole bunch of albums they might cover.
  • Here's a moral quandary. Someone out there has created a blog with a link to where you can download each of these albums for free. I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand, I know I should be paying for music, but on the other hand, it's free and it's hard to say no. I blame the music industry for failing to figure out how to deal with the internet.
  • The super finally installed the tub faucet. I know you're just DYING to see what it looks like, so here it is, you lucky devils, you:

4 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

Also, the emeffing RAIDERS??!!
COME ON!

(I say this devastating loss was due to the fact that we weren't watching all together. There. I said it.)

(Also, "Stay" is a crap song. And geigh.)

Boywonderesq said...

Seriously, that was embarrasing.

Also, Stay may be a crap song, but in a world of Gossip Girl, Gray's Anatomy and Vampire Diaries (all of which Nilda watches), it'd be a hit. Oh yeah, and Showgirls is a great movie, Irene. Don't even start with the kitch value!

TheMediaDude said...

Stay is awesome song. had a great video too.

DorothyMantooth said...

Lisa Loeb is really just asking to be punched in the glasses.

Also, lurn to kitsch, n00b!