Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Getting More Out Of Life

  • Ha! Gotcha. I don't blog about that shit. I'm perfectly content getting as little out of life as possible.
  • For last night's game, I got the Desert Pepper queso instead of the Tostito's queso. The Tostito's is way better. One time in law school we ran out of chips so I had it with Total cereal and it was amazing.
  • I never want anything for my birthday, but if I were to make a list this year, here's what would be on it, in no particular order: that book about Manhattan before people, Beatles Rock Band (which Nilda cannot get me), cuff links, a wireless keyboard and mouse set for work, some kind of specialty micro-brew style gin. Nilda, of course, is not allowed to get me any of that. She has to "surprise" me.
  • I'm bored with the news. I think that's because I trust that whatever Obama is doing is exactly what I would be doing in the same situation. I actually miss George Bush sometimes.
  • I do not like Michael Bloomberg. Yeah he's a good mayor and all, but there should be a price for changing the rules so that you can run for a third term.
  • Häagen-Dazs' "five ingredient" vanilla ice cream is perhaps the best ice cream ever made. Andrew, you have to try it.
  • "Häagen-Dazs" has absolutely no meaning and was made up by its creators (Polish immigrants from the Bronx) to look Scandinavian.
  • The Philadelphia Eagles can destroy the Washington Redskins on Monday Night Football, and the Philadelphia press will still complain about how terrible they played. You have to love fans that care and know their stuff.
  • We're switching from Westlaw to Lexis at the office. Wish us luck.

6 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

This is one of my favorite installments, BDub. Nice job! (Also, I'm glad I never heard that Total and queso story before. You are a gross person.)

Also also, the Iggles could (and should!) have destroyed to a much greater extent last night. That is what is happening there.

Oh, yeah. And GOOD LUCK.
Seriously. Lexis can bite me.

Boywonderesq said...

Really? THIS is the one that you like?

And that total thing happened in the summer after first year, that glorious time before you came and never left. Kisses! LOL

Don't Be So Dramatical said...

I strongly prefer Lexis. In fact, I am "certified" in it :)Let me know what you think.

Your present from the kids for bday/chanukah isnt on the list. Can we still get it for you?

Don't Be So Dramatical said...

oh yeah - GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheMediaDude said...

I got the Brown Sugar Haagen Daz and was just ok with it. Should have gotten vanilla. HG makes the best vanilla, but B&J's chocolate is way, way better.

Something concerns me about the 5. Why is 5 the best number of ingredients? What if you need 1 more to make it that much better? Something concerns me.

DorothyMantooth said...

I am a woman of many mysteries, Bri. You know this.

Also, I'm getting you this.