Friday, December 19, 2008

What Song Is This? - Expert Level

Just for fun, this one is extra hard. Good luck to all and remember, no googling!:

  1. It used to seem to me that my life went on too fast, and I had to take things slowly, just to make the good times last.
  2. Got no where but home to go. Got Ben Folds on my radio right now.
  3. Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through. Everybody sing, "I'm cool." "He's cool." I should not complain, but sometimes I still do.
  4. I realize the best part of love is the thinnest lies but it don't count for much, and I'm not letting to. I believe there's too much to believe in.
  5. He came from somewhere back in her long ago. Sentimental fool don't see, trying hard to recreate what had yet to be created.
  6. Shyness is nice and shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to.
  7. I tried to discover a little something to make me sweeter. Oh baby, refrain from breaking my heart.
  8. Boy mercury, shooting through every degree. Oh girl dancing down those dirty and dusty trails.
  9. Get yourself a lawyer and a gun.
  10. We were supposed to go on and do much bigger things than we've done. With stitches and makeup, you'll hold it together for me.
  11. Make a hole with a gun perpendicular to the name of this town in a desktop globe
  12. Me and my brother were talking to each other about what makes a man a man.
  13. I wanted to be with you alone and talk about the weather.
  14. Laugh hard, it's a long way to the bank. I can't be blamed for nothing anymore. It's been a long time since you've been around. Laugh hard, it's a long way to the bank.
  15. The weekend in the college didn't turn out like you planned. The things that pass for knowledge I can't understand.
  16. When she walks, she's like a samba that swings so cool and sways so gentle that when she passes, each one she passes goes oooo.
  17. Born to multiply, born to gaze into night skies.
  18. Sittin' here resting my bones and this loneliness won't leave me alone.
  19. I've got an electric guitar. I play my stupid songs. I write these stupid words, and I love every one.
  20. When I had you to myself, I didn't want you around. Those pretty faces always always made you stand out in a crowd.

9 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

All right. Extra quickie answers without thinking for the really easy ones. Both because I should be trying to do actual "work" at work AND because one of the songs reminded me that you might not have seen this vid yet!

7. Erasure -- A Little Respect
8. B-52s -- Roam
13. Tears for Fears -- Head Over Heels
17. The Shins -- Australia

Anonymous said...

that video is hilarious! we can always count on you for those, Irene!

Anonymous said...

Without Googling or looking in the comments, I could only come up with two.

5. "What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers

16. "The Girl from Ipanema" by Frank Sinatra

I should have known 13, though.

Anonymous said...

20 - Jackson 5, I Want You Back. I got one!

DorothyMantooth said...

Glad you liked it, Nil!!
I think that one is much funnier than the original A-Ha one.

TheMediaDude said...

5 - Doobie Brothers, as stated before
6 - I don't know this, but I know this!!
9 - The Strokes, don't know song name, off the last album
11 - is it They Might Be Giants??
12 - The Who, Tattoo
13 - again, I don't know this, but I know this!!
15 - Steely Dan, Reeling In the Years
16 - Girl from Ipanema, as previously answered
17 - The Shins, Australia(?)
18 - Dock of the Bay
19 - Weezer, In The Garage
20 - Jackson 5, previously answered

I'm sure 1-2 of these are Matt Pond PA, but I've never listened to them.

TheMediaDude said...

11 - Ana Ng, TMBG. I was right!

corey said...

mmm, 1 is steve winwood back in the high life. 3 is life's been good-joe walsh.

Jen Simon said...

i got 15, steely dan...and that's it. i'm so lame