Monday, December 22, 2008

What Song Is This? - Answer Key

Here are the answers. I've learned that you people SUCK at this, and that I have good taste in music. And yes, I say that with the full knowledge that Air Supply is on the list:
  1. It used to seem to me that my life went on too fast, and I had to take things slowly, just to make the good times last. - "Back In The High Life," Steve Winwood (Good job, Corey)
  2. Got no where but home to go. Got Ben Folds on my radio right now. - "Monkey," Counting Crows
  3. Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through. Everybody sing, "I'm cool." "He's cool." I should not complain, but sometimes I still do. - "Life's Been Good," Joe Walsh
  4. I realize the best part of love is the thinnest lies but it don't count for much, and I'm not letting to. I believe there's too much to believe in. - "Lost In Love," Air Supply
  5. He came from somewhere back in her long ago. Sentimental fool don't see, trying hard to recreate what had yet to be created. - "What A Fool Believes," Doobie Brothers
  6. Shyness is nice and shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to. - "Ask," The Smiths
  7. I tried to discover a little something to make me sweeter. Oh baby, refrain from breaking my heart. - "Respect," Eurasure
  8. Boy mercury, shooting through every degree. Oh girl dancing down those dirty and dusty trails. - "Roam," B-52s
  9. Get yourself a lawyer and a gun. - "Red Light," The Strokes
  10. We were supposed to go on and do much bigger things than we've done. With stitches and makeup, you'll hold it together for me. - "The Moviegoer," Matt Pond PA
  11. Make a hole with a gun perpendicular to the name of this town in a desktop globe. - "Ana Ng," They Might Be Giants"
  12. Me and my brother were talking to each other about what makes a man a man. - "Tattoo," The Who
  13. I wanted to be with you alone and talk about the weather. - "Head Over Heels," Tears For Fears"
  14. Laugh hard, it's a long way to the bank. I can't be blamed for nothing anymore. It's been a long time since you've been around. Laugh hard, it's a long way to the bank. - "Paper Thin Walls," Modest Mouse
  15. The weekend in the college didn't turn out like you planned. The things that pass for knowledge I can't understand. - "Reelin' In The Years," Steely Dan
  16. When she walks, she's like a samba that swings so cool and sways so gentle that when she passes, each one she passes goes oooo. - "Girl From Ipanema," Frank Sinatra (?)
  17. Born to multiply, born to gaze into night skies. - "Australia," The Shins
  18. Sittin' here resting my bones and this loneliness won't leave me alone. - "Dock Of The Bay," Otis Redding (it's about giving up)
  19. I've got an electric guitar. I play my stupid songs. I write these stupid words, and I love every one. - "In The Garage," Weezer
  20. When I had you to myself, I didn't want you around. Those pretty faces always always made you stand out in a crowd. - "I Want You Back," The Jackson 5 (Good job, Nilda!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the real message of this blog post is that Brian likes some gay ass music.

Anonymous said...

you put a question mark next to Frank Sinatra for "girl from Ipanema"?! Um, that was one of our wedding music songs, you should KNOW it's Frank Sinatra! humph!

DorothyMantooth said...

And no "good job" for me, even though I got the most right?! Weak.

Also? "Erasure" is spelled "Erasure." So bad job, Brian! Bad job.
;-)

TheMediaDude said...

OK, everybody, let's get one thing straight.

Frank Sinatra did not write Girl From Ipanema. Music was by Antonio Carlos Jobim, with Portuguese lyrics by Vinicius de Moraes. The amazing sax solo is by Stan Getz.

Sure, Sinatra sings. But I can't think of one song he is famous for writing. Even Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera have some writing credits.

I am not a Sinatra fan. I don't get him. Always seemed like a bully with a voice. He certainly never have sang Girl From Ipanema before it was already a worldwide hit.

TheMediaDude said...

Anyone who openly listens to "Erasure" must also be openly gay.

Anonymous said...

the post didn't ask who wrote the aformentioned song. so, suck it!