Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Monday Night Football

Because the world needs to know about my busy weekend.

Dad, my brother-in-law Forrest, Andrew and I got tickets to the Eagles game in Philadelphia on Monday night. (Thanks, Skier!!) On Friday night, we went over to Matt & Lynn's awesome new house, where I learned that I apparently suck at flip cup. This means I need to play more flip cup, Nilda. Here's Matt getting ready for Santacon the next morning.

We woke up early on Saturday to rent a car to drive to Philadelphia for the Flyers/Penguins game, my birthday present from Nilda. It was a great game and a great time, but did you know that people still watch hockey? Me neither! Also, I now realize that I did not take very-blog friendly pictures. I blame Nilda.

The whole point in going to Philadelphia was to go to the wedding of my cousin Lisa & Jason on Sunday. (Congrats again!). Doesn't Nilda look all pretty with her straight hair? It's like dating another woman.

I then had to wake up at 5:30 on Monday, drive the rental car back to NY, go to work (like I can take a day off), then take a bus to Philadelphia that night and figure out how to take the subway to the Linc, to meet Dad, Forrest and Andrew. Long story short, it was totally worth it:

  • The Philadelphia "subway" makes no sense. What the hell is a trolley doing down there?
  • Forrest picked up Italian hoagies (steak sandwiches would have gotten cold and disgusting) from a place called Gooey Louie's that were absolutely incredible. Lots of meat, perfect amount of cheese, bread that gets wet from the oil and vinegar, but not soggy. Best I've ever had. Thanks, Forrest.
  • A hoagie is not a sub, where you can close the roll, but is more like an open faced sandwich.
  • The parking lot is like a Phish show, except with football, and where beer replaces weed.
  • I need more Eagles gear.
  • When the stadium announces the opposing team's players, the crowd yells "SUCKS!" after each name. Fans did the same thing at the Flyers game. They say it because it's true.
  • The reality of the game was striking, after only seeing it on tv. The field was smaller and it was much quieter than what's shown on tv. Once the game started, I couldn't help but think that it looked like a high school football game. Then you realize how gigantic the stadium actually is.
  • We saw Andy Reid, Brian Westbrook, Kevin Curtis, and all the other characters we see on tv. It's like they're real people.Check Spelling
  • I don't like the Eagles fight song. There, I said it.
  • My only regret is that I didn't bring my Dawkins jersey. I figured that with all the layers I'd have, it wouldn't be necessary. Of course, the weather was perfect and I spent most of the game in a sweatshirt. Curses!
  • Nilda would look SO hot in a McNabb jersey.
  • We've got to get to more games. Next time, we're bringing the face paint.
  • And most important of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

DorothyMantooth said...

Aw, happy birthday, Ma Heller!

And Nil really does look great with straight hair. Wow!!

Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.