Tuesday, November 4, 2008

President Obama

Here's a photo that Andrew took of his tv and emailed to me. It feels good!!!


Damn, it feels good to write President Obama!! Now, I can relax, though it will take the country weeks to process the significance of what happened tonight. It's amazing to think of the kind of world that Francesca, Lacey and Lilah will grow up in.

P.S. - McCain's concession speech was better than I could have imagined. He tried to end the division and bring the country together around the new President, praising Obama when he didn't have to. Nilda cried...during a McCain speech! Hopefully, the old John McCain is back.

9 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

As I've already said elsewhere, the concession speech made me remember AGAIN how much I respect McCain as a person. Dude got royally SCREWED in 2000, and pretty much screwed himself this time 'round... But is still a totally stand-up guy. With (booing) supporters? That can BLOW ME!! (Sorry for my language, Brian's fam! I feel very passionately about this!)

Obama's speech? I'm STILL crying.

Mary said...

Me, too. Tears, tears, tears. And Bravo Senator McCain. His supporters, on the other hand, make me sick.

corey said...

I love this website..."Is Obama President?"
http://isobamapresident.com/

TheMediaDude said...

SEE MY BLOG FOR RESPONSE

TheMediaDude said...

SEE MY BLOG FOR RESPONSE

tom mattback said...

Agree that McCain made a great speech last night - his attempt to distance himself from what now seems like a campaign he didn't want to run was good to see, but we'll see if McPalin's campaign hasn't irrevocably damaged his reputation. And if you think his supporters were angry last night, just wait until 2012 - it's going to be brutal.

My 2 cents: I had given up on a lot of Americans over the past 8 years, thinking that most were narrow-minded, prejudiced zealots who couldn't see the bigger picture. But I'm so very proud to be an American today. Finally, we did something so very right.

(And even NC, the state that elected JESSE HELMS for 40 years, turned BLUE! Unbelievable. Glad mary and i sent in our absentee ballots!)

Anonymous said...

It was an incredible night of high fives and tears and bawling. It's been a year of telling people why this is the man to vote for - for our future, volunteering and rallies and meeting resistance, (not to mention, donating) - I can finally happily relax...

Boywonderesq said...

"Black is the new President"

- Tracy Morgan

tom mattback said...

Worth taking a look at the update to this site:

http://www.palinaspresident.us/