Thursday, September 23, 2010

Preparing For Vegas

  • I've never been to Vegas, but I'm looking forward to going out there next weekend for Nilda's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NILDA!!!
  • I'm not much of a gambler, but I'm looking forward to gambling in Vegas. I'm going with blackjack because it's the most convenient game. You don't have to sit for hours like with poker; it's not totally up to chance like with roulette; and I don't have to learn a bunch of boring rules like with craps. I know, Irene, craps is fun, but if I don't have patience for fantasy football, I definitely won't have patience for craps.
  • I've been gearing up. I downloaded a blackjack app and I'm getting better. I started out with $500 and I was up to $3,000 at one point. That's $3,000 of REAL fake money, Nilda!
  • Instead of the $80 one-way car service to the airport, we're parking the car at the airport for $24 a day, plus tolls. How cool is that?!
  • We were watching the 100th episode of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations in Paris and immediately knew that we wanted to go to a Joel Robuchon restaurant. I'd never heard of him, but apparently he was named Chef of the Century back in 1989. His restaurant, Joel Robuchon Restaurant, is the first and only three-star Michelin restaurant in Vegas. Check this out. And with a 16-course tasting menu at only $385 PER PERSON, it's a real bargain.
  • We're going to visit Nilda's uncle who lives in Vegas. From what I hear, he likes to gamble and starts drinking by 2:00 pm. I think he and I are going to get along just fine.
  • I'm not sure what else we're going to do, but I have a feeling a pool bar will be involved.
  • We're flying back on Sunday, late afternoon, which means I'll be missing the Eagles/Redskins game, which is where McNabb comes back to Philly. Nilda, that's how much I love you.

1 comment:

diet peach snapple said...

Happy Birthday, Nilda! Vegas is awesome.

Go Redskins!