Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Best Purchase Ever!!

Two months ago, this was the jersey to have. The Eagles had just traded away McNabb and the Kevin Kolb era had begun. The quarterback they had spent 3 years grooming was finally coming into his own, and there was no better jersey to have. Then there was Week 1. Vick looked great and Kolb didn't. I kept saying that the team had put 3 years into Kolb and wouldn't just throw that away. But Vick was too good to ignore, and they still get to keep the great back up that they've built in Kolb. Tonight, Andy Reid announced that Vick would be taking over as the starting quarterback.

Making Vick the No. 1 is the right decision. He's playing great and is a perfect fit for the team. With all of the offensive weapons they've built, including Jackson, Maclin, Celek, McCoy and Bell, the already spread defense will then have to figure out how to protect against Vick on the run. And Vick's proven that he's now able to make plays as a pocket quarterback, not just as a glorified running back. Expect to see a lot more Vick jerseys out there, albeit from men without dog-loving wives.

I cannot wear the Kolb jersey. This will look like either (a) I am against Vick, which I am not, or (b) I am supporting the backup quarterback, which is just lame. And I definitely cannot wear either my McNabb jersey (he's now a Redskin) or Dawkins jersey (he's with Denver). Nilda may not get this concept, but that's like petrified wood, or Heroes, or a Britany Spears comeback. So 2008! But knowing football, and knowing how stingy the Eagles are, this Kolb jersey may still have a future.

Finally, I've figured out why Philly never liked McNabb: he's funny looking. Vick, on the other hand, is widely despised and ridiculously intense. Just like Philly. This might be a good season, after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why I made fun of you for buying that jersey to begin with.

Boywonderesq said...

zThat's enough, Mom!! Hey, At least I'm not a Giants fan. Then I'd be having a TERRIBLE season.

70MPH70 said...

The Giants are terrible. I think the obvious answer is to just run a marker through Kolb's name and write Vick on it. I'd think Eagles fans would appreciate that.

your wife said...

Hey, that's actually a pretty good (funny) idea! Put some masking tape over Kolb and then write Vick's name on it. LOL!!!