Monday, June 28, 2010

Switching To Gmail

I finally did it. After months of agonizing and procrastinating, I am now the confused and regret-filled owner of a gmail account. Welcome to 2004. And, I don't have to worry about the young-uns making fun of my aol account. I never knew what it was to be old until I saw the open mouth gasp of the 26-year-old upon hearing that I, just now, after all these years, stopped using aol. But the truth is that I can't stand the gmail interface. Yeah, aol is annoying and slow and there's too much spam. But I knew all the shortcuts and now I have to learn everything all over again. I figure it will take at least 6 months before I'm fully comfortable with gmail. Bye, aol. I ain't missing you at all. Since you been gone. Away. I can lie to myself.

P.S. - I hit some buttons by accident and messed up the way the blog looks. Sorry.

4 comments:

hi internzzz!!! said...

I look forward to you, in a matter of weeks, declaring how awesome gmail is and how foolish you were for waiting this long. You were the only person I still knew on aol. The second to last person switched 8 years ago. So hip you are.

Now tell your colleague hotmail has been over too. It's like you guys are on myspace and Friendster wondering where all the people went.

Jen Simon said...

i love how the blog looks now, and i'm telling you this because i know my opinion matters to you a LOT.

DorothyMantooth said...

I think the blog looks very chic now!

And internzzz, I am actually the last remaining AOL holdout. Having the same address for 15 years means something, dammit!

the wife said...

11 years with aol, baby (name change included)! So, I'm second to last. And I don't like aol or gmail all that much either. oh well.