Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Air Supply

Air Supply haunts my childhood. I was about five years old in their heyday and I still shudder when I hear the name. I blame my sisters, who, for better or worse, taught me everything I know about music. Who knew a pair of theater nerds (one British, one Australian) who met while performing in Jesus Christ Superstar could be so terrifying. Check out this video for "Making Love Out of Nothing At All." It's worse than you remember. The premise is that a Sonny Crockett wannabe leaves his shoulder pad, power-suit wearing girlfriend. Hijinks ensue.



The crazy part is that AIR SUPPLY STILL EXISTS AS A BAND!! They even have a facebook page! It keeps me up at night, too.

2 comments:

70MPH70 said...

I was thinking to myself that I can sing the words to all of the songs on their Greatest Hits album. I did a google and here are the songs:

1. Lost in Love
2. Even the Nights Are Better
3. One That You Love
4. Every Woman in the World
5. Chances
6. Making Love Out of Nothing at All
7. All Out of Love
8. Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
9. Sweet Dreams

Yep. I remember all of them. AND I LOVE THEM! And if I went to a concert right this minute, I would enjoy it...if I was hammered!!!

DorothyMantooth said...

You guys!
Not only does Air Supply still exist -- HAIR SUPPLY exists!

Shall we make a date?