Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Back To Running

It's amazing how coming back from vacation can kill any desire to exercise. Before Cabo, I was exercising all the time and watching what I eat. Now, I don't want the hassle. I'm even thinking about quitting myfooddiary.com. (Gasp!) In an effort to re-invest in physical activity, I went looking for a new running path this morning. I've heard that there is a path that goes down the west side starting at Dyckman Street (200th Street), so I figure I'd look for it. My first mistake was going through the shady looking gap in the fence. It was like going into Narnia.

The wardrobe leads to a dirt path in the narrow gap between the railroad tracks and the river. You'd never know this was Manhattan.


The path ends at about 181st Street, as displayed by a lovely ripped out section of chain link fence, which safely leads you out to the railroad tracks. Based on my extensive knowledge of railroads, derived from years of cartoons, I was careful not to get my foot caught in the tracks.



Still, being outside at 6:20 when it's light and warm, but not too warm (listening to Phish from '93, no less), it's hard to complain.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Looks lonely, thus dangerous. Don't forget to carry your rape whistle with you.