Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Stella!!!

Monday is Stella's __ birthday, and Nilda & I threw her a surprise birthday party at our apartment to celebrate! She was completely surprised, and it was a blast. The plan was for her to stop by with Nilda's cousin, Kristin, so that we could go out to dinner near our apartment. Apparently, she had been telling her neighbors that she was going out to dinner, even though they all knew about the party. She had no clue.

Nilda played Martha Stewart and the place looked great. This also meant me speaking Spanish to Stella's family and friends, which was even more awkward because it was in front of my parents, and you just know they're dying to see me speak Spanish. We had a ton of food (and Presidente!) and it was all great. Nilda made an amazing pernil (pork shoulder), but my dad still wouldn't try it. The best part was that I got to put all the alcohol out on display.


Happy __ Birthday, Stella. I'd tell you her age, but then she'd kill me. And she doesn't even go on the internet! We love you.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Stella!

DorothyMantooth said...

Awww! Happy Birthday, Stella!!

And looks like it was a beautiful time! (Also, you don't even put out that much alkeehol for your holiday party. DAMN!)