Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Live Blogging The Trial: Day 5

Defense verdict. I don't want to talk about it.

Look, it was a tough case to begin with. We wouldn't have been at trial if it wasn't. I thought we put in a good case, thought. But maybe I'm too close. You can't really prepare for a trial without getting emotionally invested. I wonder how I would have felt if I had just heard the case for the first time, like the jury did.

At least - I feel - we got a fair shot. We knew when we started the lawsuit that this was a possibility. We signed up for this. I just hate that the asshole defense lawyer is now high-fiving himself. You're weren't that good, dickhead.

Jeff once wrote on his blog that you can't grow unless you leave your comfort zone. I've thought a lot about that the past week and I couldn't agree more. The next couple of days will suck, but I think we're better off for the experience.

2 comments:

TheMediaDude said...

Sorry, dude. At least you have your new chair.

I just got feedback on my first draft and feel awful, too. if that helps.

Perhaps a few inspiration words from 'The New Leave It to Beaver' will help:

Buck! Buck up! Don't take it lying down!!

Mary said...

Dude, that sucks. I'm sorry. But your synopsis seems right on.