Monday, April 26, 2010

6 Days

  • 6 days till we leave for Cabo on Sunday, staying until Friday. We're staying at the Cabo Azul Resort in San Jose de Los Cabos, which has great reviews on tripadvisor. It should be amazing.
  • Here's the thing. We booked this trip in late February, I was excited, I couldn't wait to go, then the excitement passes. By the time you start getting ready for the actual trip, it feels like old news.
  • Ask me how I feel when I'm lying by the pool with a margarita.
  • MyFoodDiary.com has changed the way I look at food. It makes you accountable for whatever you eat. You have no idea how motivating an unhappy face can be.
  • Things that I used to think were light turn out to be unhealthy. I would sometimes get buttered toast for breakfast. Not any more. That shit is bad for you!
  • A salad from Chipotle is surprisingly healthy, if you skip the cheese, sour cream and salad dressing. I was ordering one the other day when the lady ignored me and dropped a huge spoonful of sour cream as I watched in horror. They scraped off as much as they could. That one bite with sour cream was by far the best part.
  • I am not leaving Mexico without going to a taco truck.
  • I'm back into running in the park again. I find that the best tool to get me to exercise is shame. I set the alarm clock early and shame myself into getting up. I am my own gym teacher.
  • I think I've figured out how to run downhill. It sounds easy, but you wind up plopping your feet down and basically trying not to fall. The trick is to lean back and sort of trot down, as if you're hopping. I'm sharing. I help people.
  • I'm sparing you all the interesting facts from the Phish biography I'm reading. Your loss.
  • The best time to go for an annual physical is right before a vacation. You'll never be healthier.
  • We finally got our wedding pictures. It's only been three years. They arrived on a dvd and I can't wait to get post them. Of course, this is the time that my dvd drive decides to stop recognizing cds in the drive, so I can't access them. Curse you, hp pavilion entertainment pc!
  • In other news, Nilda's never-ending-fill-the-apartment-with-furniture continues with the addition of a new cocktail table, which I am advised is a great deal. Both people reading the blog? Meet the new cocktail table. New cocktail table? Meet both people reading the blog.

8 comments:

your wife said...

It was definitely not a "deal," but with my trade discount, it was a good value for an investment piece. Get it straight, babe! Te quiero! ;-)

Jen Simon said...

the table is gorgeous....

i still read your blog even though you deny the existence of mine.

Boywonderesq said...

It has been one year to the day - ONE YEAR! - since you posted that picture of eyeglasses on your blog, Jen Simon. You then promptly ignored your blog, despite all my efforts to get you to start up. But since this is a forgiving Most Important Blog In The Universe, you still have a chance at redemption. And right here is where you start paying. In sweat. Start blogging, again.

DorothyMantooth said...

Wait, the coffee table? Is called a cocktail table? Is this because you don't drink coffee in the living room ('cause I know for a fact that's not true)?

The table is lovely. Whatever you call it!
How's the lamp hunt going?!

Mary said...

An investment piece? Seriously? Color me impressed. I'm fairly confident we will never own an investment piece of furniture. Ever. Unless there's a chance it could increase in value when Luke draws all over it.

Boywonderesq said...

Yes, it's a coffee table. I have no idea what a "cocktail table" is, though I have to admit that the name is intriguing...

Btw, "investment piece" means Nilda wants it. The new xbox game I want is an investment piece, too.

the wife said...

the showroom called a cocktail table so I call it a cocktail table, though technically, there is no difference between the two. We drink both coffee and cocktails at said table, though the bar is probably cocktail central. ;-) And thanks, I'm glad ya'll like it!

DorothyMantooth said...

Xbox is way investment-y.
(And "cocktail table" does make it sound supes fancy.)