Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ben Folds


If you squint, you can kind of see Ben Folds at Town Hall last night. It was a great show. He's an amazing song writer and seeing him live shows how good of a piano player he is. For anyone who cares, he played Annie Waits, Narcolepsy and Army, among others. No Bitches Ain't Shit, unfortunately, but what can you do. I can see why he's touring without a band. He doesn't have to rehearse with anyone, can improve without messing other people up and doesn't have to share. The only thing was that it sometimes felt like it was Ben playing all his greatest hits. Still, loved it.

A few weeks ago, he was going on Chatroulette on stage, while improvising on the piano. If you don't know what Chatroulette is, welcome to last week.



There was an opening act, but I have no idea who they were. Gary tells me it was the chick who sings the facebook song.



P.S. - The last time I was at Town Hall was taking BarBri and we were sitting in the same spot. This may not mean anything to you, but it made me think that I had post-traumatic stress disorder.

P.P.S. - If anyone knows how to keep the embeded videos from getting cut off, please tell me. Help.

4 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

Hey! Didn't we see KITH and/or Mr. Show there after law school?
You're a filthy liar, B-Dub. Absolutely filthy.

Boywonderesq said...

We saw Kids in the Hall during law school. Don't you care about anything?!?!?

Mary said...

Yes, we did see Mr. Show AFTER law school, because we had the same conversation about how we were so f-ed up in that building post bar-bri.

Boywonderesq said...

I never saw Mr. Show live. Maybe you saw it during a supper club, or some other event to which I was not invited. Now if you will excuse me, I am going up to my room to hide under my pillows and stuffed animals and write in my diary about how mean my "friends" are. This is the worst blog post ever!