Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Four Blogs In One! Four Blogs In One!

Why I Didn't Vote: Yeah, Bloomberg is fine, but I can't forgive him for changing the rules to allow him to run for a third term. And it pissed me off how he spent so much trying to drive Thompson into the ground. The voters must have agreed with me, since there's no explanation why Thompon, who sucks, kept the race so close. Still, I'm glad Bloomberg won. If I had voted, I would have voted for Nilda for mayor. If I have to be bossed around by her, so should everyone else.

The Most Important Blog In The World Endorses The Phillies: This may all be moot by now, but I've realized that I have to go with the Philly team. I simply cannot come to grips with supporting the other side, especially the Yankees. They're successful but annoying, like Hugh Jackman, or Halle Berry. Rooting for the Phillies reaffirms my being from Philadelphia, just like fasting until 2:00 pm on Yom Kippur reaffirms my being Jewish. (Yes, Nilda, it's still fasting if you have coffee and Tastykake chocolate covered donuts.) I'm still more excited about the Eagles/Cowboys game on Sunday than about the World Series. I'm making ribs.

The New V Series Is Better Than I Thought It Would Be: It started out like any other crappy ABC series, but I was into it by the end. I also never realized how much I remembered from the original series, like the fact that the main lady was named Diana or that there was an alien with a square head who was called the "fifth column," whatever that meant. And it's cute how they're trying to make it this political allegory, with the aliens of unclear origins offering "hope" and universal health care, while the press is too busy sucking up to question them.

The Dark Days Begin: I thought it would settle, but that's not going to happen. Brian is about to get a lot of experience on a case where he has nothing to lose.

4 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

I don't really think Bloomberg beat up on Thompson during the campaign. I mean, outspending (by a TON, admittedly) is for sure not the same as "beating up."

IN FACT! I found it really classy of Bloomberg to say during their debate that he thought Thompson had been a great comptroller (SURE, I know that's really backhanded -- it's still classy & doesn't qualify as "beating up"!), while Thompson gave Bloomberg a D- (!!!) for his mayoral tenure. Totes not classy, dude.

Also, I'm making Jer watch V RIGHT NOW!! You didn't actually watch the original original, did you?! (I did. But I'm an Old.)
I effing LOVED the original (which I admittedly haven't seen since I was 9, but), and am totally psyched for this so far. BUT! I found the weird Obama innuendos REEEEAAAAALLY off-putting. (Also also, it's really fun to rewatch Tudyk's reactions tonight & see if you can't spot a sign that he's... [SPOILER ALERT].)

And? OHMYGOODNESS, I CAN'T WAIT 'TIL THEY EAT THE MICE!!!!!!

Boywonderesq said...

Did you not see Bloomberg's negative ads against Thompson? Or were you living in a cave with all of your dvds that will soon be obsolete? HA!

To clarify, there was V, V: The Final Battle, and V: The Series. I don't remember the original mini-series, but I totally remember the Final Battle, with Marc Singer and the red bacteria. I still think that Nazis were a better allegory than politicians.

your wife said...

I loved V! And, yes, I watched it on tv as a little kid, though, since I only remember a remake coming back once, I must have only watched the second and third incarnations (one of which was a 1980's miniseries, the other a full series). And Freddy Kreuger was in one of them (he horrified me as a child!). I can't wait for the mice (or the twin alien-human babies!) either.

DorothyMantooth said...

Ooooh, alien-human babies! I totally forgot about those!! CAN'T. WAIT.

Also, I totally meant the original original original.
And best!

(And all those supposedly negative commercials? Yeah, I didn't watch them because I have a TiVo, you obsolete-technology talking so-and-so. *mutter*)

Oh!! Also also? HOW GOOD IS COMMUNITY??! I demand a post all about Community!