Monday, November 16, 2009

THE NEW TABLE!!!

IT'S FINALLY HERE!! AAAHHHHH!!! OH MY GAAAWWWWWD!!! YAAAY!!!!

Wow. My life is now almost complete. The new table came and Nilda could not be more excited. "It's a dining table, Brian," she tells me, reminding me that it finally replaces the crappy "country" table that she bought from Seaman's (hehehe) 9 years ago. We don't have chairs yet, and won't have any for the foreseeable future, but who needs chairs when you have two folding chairs that make the table look much much cheaper than it actually is?

This table is big, much bigger than Nilda or I thought it would be. Fortunately, the saber legs are not as feminine as I was afraid they'd be. ("We needed curves because the sofa is boxy, Brian," whatever that means.) And self storing leaf = Brian not having to lug this shit in and out of it's protective case in the closet with Nilda's changing whims. The real question is what I get out of this. The answer, is nothing.

7 comments:

your wife said...

you get a beautiful table that seats all the adults in your immediate family + my mom. what else could anyone ask for?! LOL

Unknown said...

Brian, please stop complaining and show the world you were brought up with beautiful things. I think the table looks great.Congradulations!!It's a great additon to your apartment.

your wife said...

you really did marry your mother, Brian. lucky, lucky man! ;-)

Boywonderesq said...

Listen, "Phyllis," this was your idea in the first place so thank you for not helping. Thanks, Mom, really.

DorothyMantooth said...

Brian, my honey. I CAN ABIDE THIS NO LONGER!

The table is lovely.

Boywonderesq said...

Oh, Irene, its not like anyone cares. For all intensive purposes, its the same thing. Their's no reason to be upset.

DorothyMantooth said...

I care, B-Dub.
I CARE!

(Also, we had a whole, like, afternoon-long thread of intentional grammatical errors in the Gawker comments a coupla times, and so I'm all intentional-grammatical-error-ed out. Sorries!)

(Also also, you totally should have worked statue of limitations in there!)