Sunday, November 15, 2009

Six Months Later

We closed on the apartment on April 29 and have lived here since June 19, yet it feels like much longer. It's been great getting accustomed to the new normal. Here are few things I've noticed:
  • Thank God the renovations are done. The apartment looks great, but I'm still scarred months later.
  • I passed a big milestone this weekend when the guy at the dry cleaner remembered my phone number without my telling him.
  • This is my favorite neighborhood that I've lived in in New York, including the East Village. And I luuuved the East Village.
  • I still love the dishwasher. I said it was going to change my life and it has.
  • Nilda and I are loving the farmer's market. There's nothing like eating corn that was picked at 5:00 that morning. I think this is going to get bigger, since we saw Food, Inc. yesterday, a great documentary about the food industry. We're thinking about buying a share of grass fed beef (and pork!) from a ranch in upstate New York.
  • Our ice maker has been broken for a couple of weeks and we can't seem to get any repairmen to actually come to a scheduled appointment. Damn you, Fisher and Paykel!!
  • I go to the park a lot more than I thought I would. I'm hoping to keep that up.
  • I don't go to PJ Wines as often as I thought I would, though I have to admit I'm in there at least once a week. I just love knowing that it's near.
  • The deli on the corner has a great beer selection. Do not underestimate the importance of having a deli with a good beer selection.
  • 3 hours later, we come back from the bar where we watched the Eagles game. They lost to the Chargers, but 5 beers, buffalo wings and an order of sweet potato fries still make a good day.
  • I used to joke that the seasons were better "up here," but it's kind of true.

      1 comment:

      DorothyMantooth said...

      Damn smug New Englanders...
      *mutter*

      Kidding! (Sorta.) But I do wish you guys were closer...