Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Michael Jackson

I've been pretty sick of Michael Jackson for some time. I loved him when I was a kid during Thriller, but I remember that by the time Bad came out, he was already too weird to be cool. Then the issues with the kids came out and he turned into even more of a freak. When he died last week, you couldn't get a way from him in the news. What struck me most was how now, all of a sudden, I like some of what he did. Now that he's gone, its actually ok to like him again. Most of all, you can't forget how good he was in the early 80s.



2 comments:

Mary said...

Yah, old school Michael Jackson is cool. The MJ of the last couple of decades is just pure freaky and disturbing. People.com has an collage of the facial changes during his life. totally, totally disturbing.

DorothyMantooth said...

Dude! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Off the Wall was a WAAAY better album than Thriller.

It is actually scientifically impossible to hear the opening bars of "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" without getting up and dancing. Fact!