Friday, June 5, 2009

Live Blogging The Phish Show

Andrew and I went to the Phish show on Thursday night, and it was amazing. I went in not really being into it, but I still can't get over how good a show it was, definitely the best show I've been to. Here are the highlights:
  • Andrew took pictures of the mustard dispenser for his work project, and then promptly got mustard all over himself. You really can't take us anywhere.
  • The first two opening songs were amazing, probably the best I've ever seen. By the third song, as expected, I started to get bored.
  • I got into Phish in 1996, and thought I was late. I'm having a hard time understanding how the high school kids at the show must feel.
  • No singalongs, please.
  • The boys are watching Phish in the rain. Phish isn't in the rain, the boys are.
  • Jones Beach is an amazing amphitheater. It sounds great and has a really nice atmosphere. They don't sell beer, but the trade off is that there is less security.
  • I inhaled enough second hand smoke to last me for a while. The smoke was from cigarettes, of course. No one smokes anything other than cigarettes at Phish shows, right?
  • The show is really loud and we forgot earplugs. Damn, we're old.
  • I spent a lot of the show working on my blog, because the people have to know. My iphone is awesome and I don't care how shitty my service is.
  • I just don't get the dancing, especially the dudes. They go for hours, even through the boring parts.
  • Hellers don't dance, but we do occasionally do the head bop. Actually, we rock the head bop.
  • The dancing guy next to me who is really annoying is probably retarded. He's wasted, falling all over the place, keeps giving me the thumbs up and is looking for a high five, which I refuse. I want to tell him to go away, but I can't because he might be retarded.
  • Andrew and I went in knowing we'd be buying t-shirts. Phish fans have gotten jobs and older, and will spend whatever it takes to walk away with a t-shirt.
  • Hanging out at a Phish show with Andrew is just like the old days. It's good that Phish is back, and it's good to know we can still do that.
  • I'd post the set list from the show, which was awesome, but the only person reading this who would be interested is standing right next to me.
  • Andrew and I kept talking and thinking about work. We're old.
  • Twix during intermission is never a bad idea.

  • I always felt like an outsider listening to Phish, but I probably know more about this band than half these douchebags.
  • Sitting down is good. We are old.
  • People just don't realize how good they are. They create a world and then fill it with structures.
  • Nilda sent me an email of cabinet handles and knobs. Even at a Phish show, I can't escape renovations.
  • Andrew got these tickets through a friend from work. He knew a guy who put in about 23 requests for tickets, 4 tickets per request. Two of those requests led to tickets. Andrew and I put in about 4 requests and got nothing. Thanks, Andrew's friend from work.
  • Last night was cold and rainy and I didn't get home until 1:45 am, only to have to get up a few hours later to go to work. It was totally worth it and I can't wait until the next tour.

2 comments:

DorothyMantooth said...

Haha! You're probably totally right about no one reading this caring about the set list. (And about not being able to take Hellers anywhere. Heee!) But Jer will care. So you'll have to tell him tomorrow!

(Also, please to be posting pics of the pulls and handles, kthx.)

the wife said...

Conclusion: every pull and knob we like is retarded expensive and/or special order, online search begins!